One of the things I want to do with Cool Stitches is provide quick resources for you to buy your online fabrics. I’ve teamed with Fabric.com to do so. It’s one of several online fabric resources I’ll be sharing with you over time. Other categories will be independent pattern companies, notions, and sewing machines, but let’s start with Fabric.com.
Their warehouse and distribution center is in Georgia – which was the center of the textile industry in its heyday. I use them as my first stop in online fabric shopping because they have so many options, an easy to use website, and their prices are pretty competitive.
Here’s a little bit about them:
Did you know this about Fabric.com?
- Our warehouse stocks more than half a million yards of fabric that we offer at up to 40% below retail price.
- We have available (in a data-feed) about 80,000 types of fabric!
- We regularly have about 40,000 types of fabric on sale!
- We offer Free Shipping on Orders of $49+ in the Lower 48 States.
- We offer Free Return Shipping.
- And we ship nearly all over the world!
- We offer products for people who sew, quilt, knit, crochet, and more, and we offer the best in sewing notions, craft supplies, books and home decoration.
Some categories available include:
- Brands and Designers
- Home Decor Fabric
- Apparel and Fashion Fabric
- Quilting Fabric
- Knitting and Crochet
- Sewing Machines and Appliances
- Outdoor Fabric
- Children and Baby Clothes
- New Arrivals
- Sale and Discount Fabric
The site also has a great Design Wall feature! This is a nice feature to use to design a project. As you browse you just add items to the design wall with the Add to Design Wall button on any product page. No login is necessary. Use the mouse to drag and drop swatches – arrange them however you like. You can print the page to keep a record of your project ideas. Then add items to the cart and checkout when ready.
There is a very interesting Project Gallery where visitors can see what others are making and upload images of their own creations! Or, they can simply tag photos on Instagram or Twitter to be featured in our gallery.
I hope you’ll check out Fabric.com and come back to share your experiences! As an affiliate marketing partner, I’ll have links to their online store and updates on specials here and in Cool Stitches Shop.