February 18th 3:00 – 6:00 Sunday afternoon we are going to warm up our sewing machines and practice sewing knit fabrics, and try on sample knit garments from Jennifer’s Easy Fit and Sew Knit Pattern Collection to quickly figure out what size is best. After dinner on your own, you can come back and start working on your patterns if you can’t wait until tomorrow!
February 19th 10:00 – 4:00 “Monday, Jennifer demonstrates how to adjust the pattern pieces for a perfect fit. Learn how to figure out how much stretch your fabric really has and how it will affect the fit of your garments. After cutting out the pieces it’s time to sew, Jennifer shows you how to get professional results whether you’re constructing your knit garments on your serger or your sewing machine. Discover notions that make finishing your necklines and hems a snap.
Participants leave class with finished garments. The Easy Fit and Sew Pattern Collection includes: Yoga Pants, Tee, Cardi and Tank Top 2 Ways.
Workshop kit includes J Stern Design Patterns, Easy Fit and Sew Knits Fit Workbook, and Performance Sports Knit.
Supplies you’ll need to bring for Pattern Work:
• 18” clear grid ruler **
• French curve **
• Paper scissors **
• Scotch tape in a weighted dispenser
** available in Cool Stitches’ table top store
Supplies you’ll need to bring for additional Garment Construction:
• For the Tee: 1 1/2 yds knit fabric with at least 25% stretch
• For the Cardi: 2 1/2” yds knit fbric with at least 25% stretch
• For Tank: 1 yd knit fabric with at least 25% stretch
• Thread to match fabric
• Sewing machine and basic sewing supplies (Scissors, Pins, Seam Ripper)
Performance Sports Knit Fabric for Yoga Pants is included in your kit
J Stern Designs is the source for fashion patterns, workshops, fitting and embroidery design.
CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY & PAYMENT
- Full payment is due upon signing up for a class. If you prefer to pay by cash or check the spot is not held until payment has been made.
- 100% of class fees are refundable or transferable to another class if cancellation is made at least 72 hours before class.
- There is NO REFUND OR TRANSFER OF FUNDS TO ANOTHER CLASS IF UPON CANCELLATION LESS THAN 72 HOURS OF NOTICE IS GIVEN BEFORE THE STARTING DATE OF THE CLASS. Sorry, I am unable to make exceptions.
- No-shows forfeit any refund or exchange.
- We reserve the right to reschedule events when minimum required registration is not achieved.